We, ubisend Limited (“ubisend,” “we,” “us,” or “our), believe your privacy is very important.
- We inform you of the personal information that will be collected, and seek your consent to collect, use, or disclose your personal information.
- We identify the purposes of use for collecting your personal information.
- We collect only information that is necessary to carry out the identified purposes of use.
- We use or disclose your personal information only for the purposes for which it is collected, except with your consent or as required or permitted by law, and we will keep your information only as long as necessary to fulfill those purposes.
- We endeavor to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We protect your personal information by appropriate security safeguards.
- We make our policies and practices for the handling of your personal information as transparent as possible.
- You will have access to your personal information and will be able to correct your personal information as appropriate.
What Information Does ubisend Collect?
To provide you the Service, ubisend collects and uses the following types of information:Information for Account Creation and Registration
When you register with us and create a ubisend account to use the ubisend ubisend Platform, ubisend will ask you to provide your telephone number. This information is necessary because we send text message via SMS to phone number provided as part of our ongoing efforts to detect and deter unauthorized or fraudulent use of or abuse of the Service. We may also use your registered phone number to provide you important information about the Service.
Alternatively, you may choose to create a ubisend account using your Facebook account when, for example, you wish not to provide your telephone number. In such a case, it is optional to provide your telephone number. Please note that, we do not collect your Facebook password.Device Information and Access Logs When You Use Our Service
When you use the Service or visit our Website, we may obtain and maintain certain electronic identification or log data from your mobile device or personal computer such as: OS type, IP address, browser information including type and language settings, device identifier, advertising identifier or mobile application identifier.
This information is necessary as part of our ongoing efforts to detect and deter unauthorized or fraudulent use of or abuse of the Service, as well as to provide you and optimize the Service for your environment. Also, please note that, an advertising identifier may be associated with our internal identifier.
What Other Information Might ubisend Collect?
To improve your experience when using the Service, we provide additional functionalities, including the ability to access your ubisend account from multiple devices or help you enjoy the Service more. If you choose to use such functionalities or your ubisend account on multiple devices, we may ask you to provide following types of information:Email Address [OPTIONAL]
You may want to access your ubisend account from multiple devices (“Multiple Device Login”) or to transfer your ubisend account from one device to another (“Account Transfer”). If you wish to enable the Multiple Devices Login or to transfer your ubisend account to a different device, you will need to provide your email address and a password and/or PIN code, so that we may associate these devices with your ubisend account. We may use your registered e-mail address to provide you important information about the Service.Contact Information for Customer Support [OPTIONAL]
There may be occasions where you wish to contact us to seek customer support service. If you contact us via our Contact Form or by other means, we may obtain and maintain any information you choose to provide, including your name, contact info such as your email address, phone number, as well as information about your mobile device or personal commuter such as device type, and OS type. We will use this information to address and investigate the issues you have forwarded to us, to provide you support, and to improve our customer support service.Information for Promotional Events and Surveys [OPTIONAL]
If you choose to participate in promotional events or surveys that ubisend offers from time to time, we might ask your contact details (e.g., name, mailing address, phone number, email address, gender and date of birth) to administer the event, such as to confirm participation eligibility for the event, to enable you to fill out a questionnaire, to conduct to deliver the prizes to you.Payment Information [OPTIONAL]
If you choose to purchase or use a fee-based service and pay for such service we may collect your credit card information. We will use your credit card information only to process your purchase or use our fee-based service. Please note that, we will not retain your credit card information because your credit-card settlement will be handled by appropriate payment agencies.
How We Use and Handle Your InformationHow Does ubisend Use My Information?
To provide the Service, ubisend, as a data controller or joint data controller, uses your information for the following purposes:
- to provide you the Service via your mobile phone or personal computer and to allow you to transmit your user-generated content to other ubisend users;
- to verify your identity;
- to allow you to use your ubisend account on multiple devices and transfer your ubisend account to another device;
- to enable you to sync other applications offered by ubisend, ubisend affiliates, and ubisend business partners together with your ubisend account and to share information between the applications you use;
- to respond to requests you may make to use services provided by ubisend other than the ubisend Platform;
- to detect and deter unauthorized or fraudulent use of or abuse of the Service;
- to improve and/or optimize the Service;
- to enable us to provide customer support, and to respond effectively to your inquiries and claims;
- to conduct user surveys;
- to provide you with information regarding the Service;
- to measure the effectiveness of advertisements that we place on the Internet or in other media;
- to notify users of any other important information regarding the Service, if necessary;
- to identify winners of promotional contests, to send gifts to those winners, and to deliver purchased products and the like;
- to aggregate anonymized statistical data regarding the Service; and
- to comply with applicable laws or legal obligations.
To fulfill our commitment to respecting and protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your information, ubisend has implemented industry-standard safeguards to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, misuse, alternation, or destruction of your information.
Because no method of electronic transmission or method of data storage is perfect or impenetrable, we cannot guarantee that your information will be absolutely safe from intrusion during transmission or while stored in our systems.
To help protect your privacy and confidentiality of your information, we also need to ask for your cooperation regarding the following: Please do not share your password with others or use the same passwords you use for other services. Also, please notify us in the event you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security via our Contact Form.Where Is My Information Transmitted and Stored?
To provide the Service in a reliable and responsible manner, ubisend processes and stores your information on secure servers which may be physically located in different countries around the world, including countries outside the European Economic Area.
By continuing to use the Service, you agree that your information may be internationally transferred and that ubisend can process and store your information in a country other than where you submitted.
iii. How Long Does ubisend Keep My Information?
We may retain your personal information even after your account is closed if retention is reasonably necessary:
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations or legal obligations;
- to provide and complete customer support service;
- to resolve disputes between or with ubisend users; or
- to detect and deter unauthorized or fraudulent use of or abuse of the Service.
To facilitate and provide you with the Service, it sometimes is necessary for ubisend to request third party partner service providers or agents to help us process and/or store your personal information. We strictly evaluate the partner service providers and agents, and we make every effort to ensure that they have established appropriate and secure information administration and organizational control systems, and we strictly require that they comply with applicable laws and regulations. We also require that they access your personal information only the extent necessary to perform tasks on our behalf.
- to help us maintain your session when you use the Service;
- to enhance security;
- to remember information about your browser and your preferences; and
- to help us understand how people use the Services and improve the Service.
For example, we may use Google Analytics to assist us with this.
Most browsers allow you to control whether or not to accept cookies. If you, however, deactivate cookies or limit the ability to set cookies, you may not be able to use certain parts or all functions, or limit your overall user experience.
How Do I Control My Information?
ubisend has tried to make it as easy as possible for you to have control over your personal information. You can confirm and revise most of your personal information directly within the ubisend Platform at any time. For example:
- under your “Profile” in Settings, you can confirm your phone number, you can confirm and revise your display name and profile picture;
- under “Accounts” in Settings, you can confirm and/or revise your registered e-mail address. You can also delete your registered e-mail address or delink your Facebook account.
In addition to your ability to check, correct, block, or delete your information directly through the ubisend Platform, if we hold your personal information, you can always send us a written request at any time to confirm, correct, block, or delete any other personal information that we hold which cannot be confirmed directly on the ubisend Platform. Upon verification of your identity, we will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time and in accordance with relevant law. To check, correct, block, or delete your information, please contact us via this Contact Form .
If you would like to send us a written request, please refer to our mailing address.
If you no longer wish to use the Service or if you no longer wish to consent to ubisend’s collection and use of your personal information, you may choose to delete your entire account directly through the ubisend Platform.
I have Questions/Comments/Concerns
St James’ Mill