We, ubisend Limited (“ubisend,” “we,” “us,” or “our"), believe your privacy is very important.
To fulfill our commitment to respecting and protecting your privacy and to comply with our obligations under data protection laws including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we adhere to our principles as explained in detail below:
- We inform you of the personal information that will be collected, and seek your consent to collect, use, or disclose your personal information.
- We identify the purposes of use for collecting your personal information.
- We collect only information that is necessary to carry out the identified purposes of use.
- We use or disclose your personal information only for the purposes for which it is collected, except with your consent or as required or permitted by law, and we will keep your information only as long as necessary to fulfill those purposes.
- We endeavor to make sure your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards.
- We make our policies and practices for the handling of your personal information as transparent as possible.
- You will have access to your personal information and will be able to request the export, correction, or deletion of your personal information as appropriate.
It is important that you read this notice, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
What Information Does ubisend Collect?
ubisend collects and uses the following types of information:Newsletter Subscription
If you wish to receive our email newsletter, we ask for your email address. We need your email address to be able to send you the newsletter.
We do not send you email newsletters you do not specifically ask to receive - we don't like spam either. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time, by clicking here or on the unsubscribe link in the footer of any of the newsletters.Downloading A Document or Insight
You can download additional resources from our website, primarly from our insights.ubisend.com subdomain. To request these additional resources, you will have to fill out a form. In that form, we ask your first name, last name, email address, the department you work in, and the number of employees your company has.
Our additional resources aim to educate visitors in the services we provide. As such, the information we collect helps us understand our potential customers. It also helps us craft more relevant user experiences, increasing the satisfaction from using our website.
Our download form also uses Progressive Field technology. Through this technology, the forms adapt to the user's particular experience with the website. A user who has already downloaded documents before and, thus, filled the original five fields listed above, will be presented with additional fields to fill out when (s)he fills out a new download form. These progressive fields are company name, website URL, and telephone number.
We use this Progressive Field technology to further improve our users' experience with the website. We also understand a user who downloads more documents from us is more likely to be interested in our services, and thus, we like to understand more about them.
We will use your email address to send you the document your requested. We will use your first name to address you in our automated email correspondence. We will never use the additional information to actively reach out to you, or your employer, about our services.
By downloading one of our additional resources, we assume you are at least somewhat interested in the services we provide. This legitimate interest allows us to enroll you into email nurturing campaigns about us, the work we do, and how we could help you. You can unsubscribe for these emails at any time using this page or by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of any email we send you.Chatbot Or Partnership Enquiry Form
Interested users can fill out a chatbot or partnership enquiry form to request more information about our services. These forms collect your first name, last name, email address, phone number, website, company size, and department. We use your contact information to get in touch with you and/or your employer. We use the rest of the information to understand and build your potential customer profile.
By filling out a chatbot enquiry form, we assume you are interested in the services we provide. This legitimate interest allows us to enroll you into email nurturing campaigns about us, the work we do, and how we could potentially help you. You can unsubscribe for these emails at any time using this page or by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of any email we send you. This information also allows us to contact the company you work for to introduce or discuss our services. You can request to opt-out from these calls by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to:
Attn: Call optout
51 Colegate, 3rd floor
St Georges Works
When you visit our website, we may obtain and maintain certain electronic identification or log data from your mobile device or personal computer such as: operating system type, IP address, browser information including type and language settings, device identifier, advertising identifier or mobile application identifier.
This information is necessary as part of our ongoing efforts to detect and deter unauthorised or fraudulent use of or abuse of the service, as well as to provide you and optimise the service for your environment. Also, please note that, an advertising identifier may be associated with our internal identifier.Keeping You Informed About Changes
We use your personal information in this way to allow us to comply with legal obligations (when changes to the law require changes to our terms) and for our legitimate interests to keep our records updated.How Does ubisend Use My Information?
ubisend, as a data controller, uses your information for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity;
- to respond to requests you may make to use services provided by ubisend other than the ubisend Platform;
- to detect and deter unauthorised or fraudulent use of or abuse of the website;
- to improve and/or optimise the website and its experience;
- to enable us to provide customer support, and to respond effectively to your inquiries and claims;
- to conduct user surveys;
- to measure the effectiveness of advertisements that we place on the Internet or in other media;
- to notify users of any other important information, if necessary;
- to identify winners of promotional contests, to send gifts to those winners, and to deliver purchased products and the like;
- to aggregate anonymised statistical data; and
- to comply with applicable laws or legal obligations.
To fulfill our commitment to respecting and protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your information, ubisend has implemented industry-standard safeguards to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, misuse, alternation, or destruction of your information.
Because no method of electronic transmission or method of data storage is perfect or impenetrable, we cannot guarantee that your information will be absolutely safe from intrusion during transmission or while stored in our systems.
To help protect your privacy and confidentiality of your information, we also need to ask for your cooperation regarding the following: Please do not share your password with others or use the same passwords you use for other services. Also, please notify us in the event you suspect any unauthorised use of your account or any other breach of security via email@example.com or by writing to:
51 Colegate, 3rd Floor
St Georges Works
Our website is built and hosted by HubSpot, Inc. HubSpot may process and store your information on secure servers which may be physically located in different countries around the world, including countries outside the European Economic Area.
By continuing to use the website, you agree that your information may be internationally transferred and that ubisend can process and store your information in a country other than where you submitted.Does ubisend Need My Consent?
We require your consent in order to send you marketing communications by email.
In most cases, however, we do not require your consent to use your personal information. Details of the lawful basis of our use of your personal information are set out above.
In some circumstances, we may approach you for your specific written consent to allow us to process certain personal information for a specific purpose. If we do so, we will provide you with full details of the information that we would like and the reason we need it, so that you can carefully consider whether you wish to consent.Data Sharing and Transfer
We may share your personal information with third parties where required by law, to parties who are under contract to provide services to us (our "data processors") where the use of your personal information forms part of their contractual duties, and with other companies in our group of companies where they have a legitimate interest in receiving that information.
We may also share your personal information with other third parties, for example, in the context of the possible sale or restructuring of the business.How Is My Personal Information Collected?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we have a policy to limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a legitimate reason to receive it. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.How Long Does ubisend Keep My Information?
ubisend will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the purposes for which we use your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.Informing ubisend Of Change
It is important the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current, otherwise we may not be able to send you the emails you wish to receive.Does ubisend Use Outside Service Providers Or Agents?
To facilitate and provide you with the best experience, it sometimes is necessary for ubisend to request third party partner service providers or agents to help us process and/or store your personal information. We strictly evaluate the partner service providers and agents, and we make every effort to ensure that they have established appropriate and secure information administration and organisational control systems, and we strictly require they comply with applicable laws and regulations. We also require they access your personal information only the extent necessary to perform tasks on our behalf.
- to help us maintain your session when you use the website;
- to enhance security;
- to remember information about your browser and your preferences; and
- to help us understand how people use our services and to improve the service.
For example, we use Google Analytics to assist us with this.
Most browsers allow you to control whether or not to accept cookies. If you, however, deactivate cookies or limit the ability to set cookies, you may not be able to use certain parts or all functions, and it may limit your overall user experience.
How Do I Control My Information?
ubisend has tried to make it as easy as possible for you to have control over your personal information. Under certain circumstances, by law, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request the erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to stop processing personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party (in limited circumstances and where this is technically possible).
If you want to exercise these rights, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing to:
Attn: Data Controller
51 Colegate, 3rd Floor
St Georges Works
Where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose (such as opting-in to receiving marketing emails) you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact us on email@example.com. You can withdraw your consent to receive future marketing information from us by clicking here or the link at the bottom of any email from us.
Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law. Your withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of our use of your personal information up to the time that you let us know that you have withdrawn your consent.I Have Questions/Comments/Concerns
51 Colegate, 3rd Floor
St Georges Works